1. How to Create an Opt-in Offer That Attracts the Right Subscribers
When asking the question, a lot of you told us you were getting stuck on deciding what the right opt-in offer is for your site. In this chapter, we'll cover 3 different levels of opt-in offers (from quick and easy to complicated and time consuming) each of them illustrated with examples.
Level 1: When your opt-in offer IS the benefit
The easiest way to make signing up more compelling is by making sure your visitor knows what the benefit is of giving their email.
This works best for:
- Really valuable email newsletters with a lot of insider information
- When the newsletter alone can give them something they want
This is the easiest but also often the least compelling opt-in offer. If you're not a big name in your industry yet, start working on an opt-in offer of level 2 right away.
Level 2: Short PDF checklists, blueprints or quizzes
This is perfect for most people especially if:
- You’re a coach, consultant, teacher, content creator around a specific topic
- You know what your audience gets stuck on
If you're ready to build a quiz, checkout our training: How to Use Quizzes to Boost Conversions
Level 3: In depth trainings, challenges and video courses
This is for you if:
- You already have an online course or online offer to sell to your audience
2. The Tech Side: How to Set it All Up
Now that you know what offer to create, it's time to look at how the different tools play together.
First of all, it's important to understand what tool is reponsible for what part of the process.
- On your site: You'll have the opt-in forms and the download button
- In your Email service: You'll collect the email and the tag and you'll trigger a welcome and/or follow up emails.
Step 1: Connect your site to your ESP
Go to the Thrive Dashboard, API connections and connect your email marketing provider.
For beginners who are looking for a free tool we recommend Mailchimp for more advanced features our choice is ActiveCampaign.
Step 2: Upload your PDF
Go to media and upload your PDF. This will give you a link you can use on your download button.
Step 3: Create the download page
Create a new page, give it a difficult name to guess, use an SEO tool like Yoast SEO or SEOPress to set the page to noindex and nofollow (so that search engines won't show this page in search results).
Then use Thrive Architect to load one of the pre-designed download pages.
Step 4: Connect your Opt-in Forms
3 Types of Lead Generation
Static on site
This is the type of opt-in form you have in your footer or top section etc. in Thrive Theme Builder. It is part of your website, it's always there and people can't close it.
You’ll want to set up a specific page to send people to, where the only thing on the page is a lead capture form. We’ll be using Thrive Architect for this.
Dynamic on site
With Thrive Leads, you’ll want to add dynamic lead forms such as lightbox pop-ups, slide-ins and ribbons on your site. Using Thrive Leads will allow you to decide where to show the opt-in form.
3. How to Get Your Offer in Front of the Right People
- Ask your friends
- Add a link to LP everywhere (email signature, social media, Youtube,..)
- Share content
- Reach out 1-on-1 (Fb groups, LinkedIn, Instagram,...)
- Be consistent
- Create shareable content
- Be generous
- Partner up
In the q&a we talk about single vs. double opt-in, whether PDFs still work for downloads and much more.
All the tools, Thrive Theme Builder, Thrive Architect, Thrive Leads and even Thrive Quiz Builder are included in the Thrive Membership!